Pages

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Horrible Train Journey in Bangladesh

I am going to tell you a horrible experience in a train journey. Train journey is very much popular in Bangladesh. For long journey for long journey express train is suitable. But this is a story about a train journey which is not with a very much express train. Locally we term this type of train as mail train or local train. There is no first class or second class cabin in these types of trains. These trains are very crowdie and most of the time people make short journey with these types of trains. But I had to make a long journey for around ten hours. That was a horrible experience. I want to tell you one of the horrible experiences now. That experience is about time.

Last week, when I went to Nator a district full of heritage sites to visit some a historical place named by Qeen Vobani’s plalace. After enjoying the beautiful sites of the palace I decided to return back to Khulna. Then I went to Nator railway station and I noticed that there is no express train before 10.30pm. But I was in the station at 3.00pm. I had no interest to wait for such a long time. So I decided to make a journey to Khulna by a mail train. That was because I had no experience before about mail train of Bangladesh.

I collected a ticket and stared waiting for the train. Station-master told me to wait for only half an hour and the train reached the station just in three hours. Now think about it how horrible the experience could be when there is no place to seat anywhere in the station. About three hours I had to wait in that situation.

Then the train reached the station and my journey had started.  There was no place to stand in the train. So I had to remove thinking of getting a place to sit. After about three hours I got a seat to sit. That was the most horrible experience of my life. The last time to reach Khulna was 1130pm and the train reached at 3.30am.

But I gathered some interesting experiences during that journey also. These will be discussed later in my blog. Stay with me and read my post to the story about my interesting experiences. I will give at least two posts in a week with different types of interesting experiences. Thank you to read the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment